COVID-19 has forced companies worldwide into shifting to a remote work environment. If you have found working from home challenging, check out these tips to help you adapt successfully and avoid distractions while doing so:
- Create as much of a desk space as possible to emulate your normal working environment.
- Set up a workspace in a low-traffic area of your house to help minimize distractions.
- If other people live in your home with you, establish boundaries with them. For example:
o Ask them to avoid interrupting when you are working behind a closed door.
o Handle all conference calls or personal calls privately.
o Take turns occupying different parts of the house by creating a schedule – - this can help everyone stay focused and mentally stimulated.
- Stick to your normal schedule as much as possible. Routines can make us feel more normal, which we need during abnormal times.,
- Take short, frequent breaks to get up and stretch your legs. This can help stimulate blood flow and keep your mind sharp.