The pulmonologists at Utica Park Clinic provide specialized care for diseases of the lung. This medically advanced treatment can help diagnose and treat patients of all ages who are experiencing problems with their lungs or bronchial tubes.
Many lung problems can be managed successfully with your primary care doctor’s help. However, if your problem is more challenging, a visit to the pulmonologist can help you breathe easier.
Some of the conditions treated include:
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung nodules and lung cancer*
Utica Park Clinic pulmonologists are trained to treat complex or hard-to-treat conditions and are happy to help patients who:
- Have a chronic lung disease, such as asthma, that isn’t well controlled
- Have a lung infection that keeps coming back
- Are having severe problems with their breathing or lungs
- Need special equipment to monitor their breathing or help them breathe
The pulmonologist at Utica Park Clinic are also experienced interventional specialists who use state-of-the-art tools to diagnose complex diseases with minimal risk and provide a more rapid recovery time.
* Lung Cancer Screening
Lung cancer screening is recommended if you:
- Are a current or former smoker
- Are age 55 to 80
- Have a smoking history of at least 30 pack-years (that is, one pack per day for 30 years, two packs per day for 15 years, etc.)
For more information on screening for lung cancer, go to LungExam.com.