Utica Park Clinic (UPC) offers OB/Gyn services that are delivered with compassion and quality by providers who are attentive and specially trained to provide women’s services. UPC OB/Gyns specialize in the care of pregnant women from the time of conception through delivery and the period following delivery (postpartum). Highly-specialized OB/Gyn nurse practitioners work directly with UPC OB/Gyn physicians.
The team of OB/Gyn specialists diagnose and treat conditions of the female reproductive system for women who are or are not pregnant, including:
- Cancers and other diseases of the breasts, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, vagina, ovaries and surrounding areas
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Menstrual issues, including premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and
- Fertility problems.
Utica Park Clinic OB/Gyn evaluations and services include:
- Comprehensive pregnancy and childbirth services including cesarean sections (c-sections)
- Obstetrical care
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Painful menstruation or heavy menstrual bleeding
- STD screening
- Gynecological check-ups, procedures and surgeries
- Women’s exams, including breast and pelvic exams
- Digital mammography
- Bone health and Osteoporosis screening
- Hormone therapy
- Contraception options, including prescriptions and tubal ligation ("getting tubes tied") procedures
- Perimenopausal and menopausal care.
It is recommended that you make an appointment with your OB/Gyn every year, beginning at age 21. Pap smears and pelvic exams are very important in the detection and prevention of several diseases and should be performed every one to three years in conjunction with recommendations from your healthcare provider.
Utica Park Clinic OB/Gyns recommend annual mammograms starting at age 40. If you feel your personal situation is more unique than others, please feel discuss special arrangements with your provider. In the event that breast disease is detected, the UPC women’s health team works directly with our breast care specialists to provide you with the best care possible.