The breast care program at Utica Park Clinic and Hillcrest Medical Center focuses on the prevention and treatment of breast health issues, including cancer. Our experienced providers help treat common and complex conditions of the breast. Additionally, they are committed to a patient-centered team approach so that the best treatment options can be presented to you.
Our multidisciplinary team includes:
- Radiation oncologists
- Medical oncologists
- Plastic surgeons
- Nurse practitioners
- Breast sonographers
Team members will guide you through mammograms, clinical exams and treatments and teach you the proper method for breast self-exams, making you part of the team that is monitoring your ongoing breast health. They offer patient navigation, education and shared decision-making tools, referrals and support programs. The highly trained providers at Utica Park Clinic are here for you every step of the way – from digital mammography and diagnostic testing to treatment and aftercare.
Utica Park Clinic works closely with the team of breast care professionals at the Leta M. Chapman Breast Center at Hillcrest Medical Center to offer you technologically-advanced diagnostic imaging and radiology services. The care you receive involves state-of-the-art technology for screening and evaluation of breast cancer, including 3D mammography – the most advanced technology in breast cancer detection – and breast MRI for those at high risk for breast cancer or require more definitive breast imaging.
Screening & diagnosis includes:
- Screening & diagnostic mammography, including 3D mammography
- Digital mammography for more accurate exams
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound breast biopsy
Surgical treatment options include:
- Lumpectomy – Also called breast-sparing surgery. During a lumpectomy, a surgeon removes the cancer and a margin of normal tissue surrounding the cancer.
- Mastectomy – This is complete removal of the breast tissue, including the nipple but not the muscle of the chest wall.
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy – This is a complete removal of the breast tissue, excluding the nipple and the muscle of the chest wall.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy – This is a procedure in which the lymph nodes most likely containing cancer are removed.
- Axillary node dissection – In this procedure, the fat containing lymph nodes is removed to determine whether the lymph nodes contain cancer.
You will receive a very personalized approach – a treatment plan designed specifically for your individual needs.
Utica Park Clinic breast care is located on the Hillcrest Medical Center campus at:
Utica Park Clinic
1245 S. Utica Ave., Suite 103
Tulsa, OK 74104
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 918-579-3840.